Friday, March 28, 2008

Annoyed

Dejavu, my eyes opened to the crash of silverware in the sink, followed by the rattling of pots and pans. I wasn't impressed, it was seven AM I still had 30 whole minutes to sleep. My roomate aka father-in-law was doing dishes, lil early but whatever he's funny that way sometimes, except the racket was escalating. I heard the toaster being slammed down and that's when my daughter woke up startled. I told her it was just grandpa doing dishes she still had time to sleep, which she did. I didn't, I was wiiide awake cause I'd heard this before with my mother and I was trying real hard to convince myself that I was a grown man and to squelch the growing uneasiness, I got that old feeling of foreboding that something bad was gonna happen, then I started to get pissed off. As I contemplated various ways of doing harm to my FIL he slammed the door and was gone. HATE that! Kids were oblivous, I s'pose they had no reference to be alarmed about my FIL ovious discontentment about something. That made me feel better. As I lie there waiting till "Time to get up" time I had a moment of clarity. I'd always had dreams of foreboding, of escalading waves of dread that built up and built up until I woke up in a sweat. Think I know where that comes from now.

No comments: