Monday, December 1, 2008

The jolly fat guy.

Not Santa, the other one, Buddha. Was talkin' to my daughter 'bout religion yesterday. She figures I'm going to hell for being a non believer so I make it a point to enlighten her that there are religions out there(some a lot older then catholicism) that have different ideas about what happens when we die etc. Anywho, yesterday we googled Buddha and it's teachings and I was pleasantly surprised to note the apparent "common sense" approach of the beliefs. The 3 universal truths/the 4 noble truths. Deanna showed interest to, she even seemed calmed by it, which was comforting because one of my beefs with catholicism is that it uses hell and brimstone to intimidate peeps from a young age to believe, which is just not cool for by my way of thinkin'.
Gotta post and dash, work starts waaaay to early these days :(

No comments: